Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee introduced HR 127
A Bill to provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
HR 127 is one of the most sweeping attacks on your Second Amendment rights ever proposed. It would:
- Establish a publicly-searchable gun registry containing your most private information
- Require you to petition an anti-gun Attorney General for a “license” to possess firearms & ammunition
- Further force you to obtain “firearms insurance” from the federal government at a cost of $800 PER YEAR
- Ban numerous rifles, AR pistols, shotguns, .50 (or greater) ammo, and any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds
- Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called ‘violations’ of this proposed legislation
HR 127 shows how far gun control advocates would like to go. This legislation would eviscerate law abiding citizens Second Amendment rights.
H.R. 127 is FEDERAL LEGISLATION – not State legislation.
H.R. 127, is an all-out attack on the 2nd Amendment
Died in a previous Congress
This bill was introduced on January 4, 2021, in a previous session of Congress, but it did not receive a vote.